The Hindu me and my Catholic wife are tolerant to each other's religions and support each other by going to temples, churches and participating in occasional religious activities. I am sure my wife gets all kinds of thoughts in the Hindu surroundings including the "guru" whose feet her husband is touching needs a serious 'pedicure' but she doesn't tell me everything going through her brain.
Here is what goes through my Hindu / Indori / indian mind in the Catholic surroundings:
- the 'HOPE' sign reads 'POHE' to me (especially torturing as we go to mass empty stomach)
- I see all the clothes in front of me and only thing I can think is if they were all hung on hangers, will make a nice GOODWILL STORE
- as we wish "may peas and carrots be with you", I am thinking of nice 'mattar-paneer sabji' waiting at home
- as the priest raises the 'holy bread' (which is really a tortilla - so, 'was jesus mexican....?' is another thought i wander off to) I wonder where I can get that kind of 'chapati maker' to make them perfectly round
- there is a nice fantasy game I play, pick 1-2 people every Sunday and based on their back side "imagine their faces"
(to be continued)